My little Loewe baby, the Hammock I have now had her for about 4 months and I wanted to share my thoughts on this little beauty.
Now Loewe was a brand I used to over look if I am honest when I walked through any store, and one reason was the name of the brand – how do you even pronounce it!?!?! LO-E-VE … that is how you say it, one of the fashion worlds many mysteries solved for you right there. I was never grabbed by the brand, until I discovered their elephant bags, which I am still mulling over and then I started seeing their Puzzle bag everywhere and I did go and look at it but it did not speak to me. Then when I walked in the store and saw this little beauty it was love at first sight. That has not happened to me in a very long time if I am honest, and once I felt that feeling I knew she was the one. I got the Hammock bag in in the smallest size because I am a small human and the large one looked like I was carrying a literal sack, or this case an actual HAMMOCK!
Now back to my little baby, firstly this one of the most unique bags I have ever come across, in terms of its shape and the ways in which it can be worn too. Loewe is known for its unique and wonderful bags which have the ability to be worn in several ways, and they did not disappoint with the Hammock. You can wear this bag like I have done in the pictures, and this is my favourite way of styling it if I am honest, because it gives an almost basket bag, or lady like vibe to it when it is styled like this. You can also sling this over your shoulder or wear it as a crossbody bag and that allows the bag to open out further and therefore more room for you to stuff your life in there.
Now my thoughts on the bag, in terms of its practically, etc.
- This bag might be beautiful but you need to be aware of the practicalities of this bag in terms of the closure. There is only a little clip that keeps the bag closed which makes it easy to get into your bag, but also means it makes it easy for everyone else too! I have found the most secure way to wear this bag is by holding it by the top handles.
- A very positive thing is that there is a lot of space, and I mean a lot. Things can go missing in this little Mary Poppins bag.
- Even though there is space in the bag there are no compartments inside the bag, such as a zip but there are some little side pockets. Let’s face it no ones phone fits in those type of pockets, but they are useful little bits and bob such as hair clips and lipsticks! Saying that, I think there is a hair clip/hairband eating fairy in this bag too!
- I wore this bag non-stop when I was away in Sri Lanka and took it with me everywhere and this bag has not got dirty or crazily marked despite it being a smooth leather. The stitching and everything is still in-tact and I have had no problems with this bag.
- This bag I did buy with holidays in mind, but I did wear in gloomy England too and it was perfect! It goes with everything, it can smarten up an outfit but keep it causal too! I do love this bag so much, but the only thing that let’s it down a bit is the security aspect, but you can forgive her because she is beautiful and if you hold on to her tightly (like in the pictures) you will be fine!
I have linked up some fun colours of this beauty – Loewe always does their bags in fun prints! Go on – you know you want one!
What do you think of the Loewe bags? What is a bag that is currently on your wish list?
The Classic Hammock
The Fun Hammock
Shirt is From Maus Sri Lanka (but here are similar ones):
Similar to the Chanel Mules:
Photos by Anastasija JE