With Spring approaching slowly but surely it is time to peal back the layers one by one, to reveal a an even better layers underneath such as blazers. Now lets all hope there is no PEST FROM THE WEST that will push us back to winter again and back into our winter get up.
Blazers are a must have in my wardrobe and I have loads. Some people collect stamps over the years(do people even do that anymore) and I have collected blazers. They are my favourite item of clothing of all time(next to leather jackets), and that has not changed over the years and I do not see that changing anytime soon. I think everyone should have at least a couple of blazers in their wardrobe, here are some reasons why:
- Invest in blazers, and that way you will never need to re-buy the same style again because of the quality and the fit of a good blazer!
- It is flattering, depending on whether or not you get a fitted blazer like the one I have styled here, or even if you get an oversized blazer the fit of a great blazer will never drown you.
- They will cover a multitude of sins – food babies, ripped trouser (yes, my longline blazer saved me from exposing my knickers on a night out when my leather trousers decided to rip!!!! TRUE STORY), not ironed clothing underneath the blazer (I hate ironing!)
- It is the perfect layering piece, to put under a coat for an added layer of warmth.
- They smarten up and elevate a look immediately.
- You can throw them over a tee and be a cool girl with those cool girl vibes (can you tell I am not a cool girl).
- Throwing them over an outfit almost feels like a super hero throwing over they cape and feeling those lady boss vibes the most you put on a blazer – no one else? Just me?
I have done an edit of some of my current favourite styles of blazers that are in the stores at the moment such as this checked blazer, which I surprisingly did not have in my collection and I was not a fan of this style of blazer initially. Then I saw my Mama rocking one and I had to copy her because she is the ultimate babe. But of course you do not have to go and buy a new one, check in your wardrobe and fish out one that you have already and style it up. But if you are feeling spendy, I have got you covered!
Rest of the Outfit Details:
Photos by Anastasija JE