Let me grab my beret and my Saddle (bag) and let head out.
It is starting to get very frosty outside and now is definitely the time for hats. Berets are having a little bit of a moment, and I am so happy about it. There is something oh so fabulous and effortlessly chic about them unlike a bobble hat. Do not get me wrong I love a bobble hat, but its nice to look put together like a French Girl in the cold, without looking like a small fluffy yeti (which is what I usually look like when it gets cold).
Here are 5 reasons why you need this fabulous little nugget in your wardrobe:
1. You do not need to spend a lot of money to get a très chic little beret, most of them are under £20 and why not add something new and fun into your winter wardrobe to make facing this cold weather more ber-able (okay okay I will stop with the jokes).
2. As I mentioned before, this little hat has some sort of magic power to make any outfit more put together and chic with minimal effort, which is great for us lazy girls. You can wear and style them how ever you feel comfortable with them on your head, like how I have style it or the inspiration photos I have put below.
3. As a hat lover, my one pet peeve about them is storing and traveling with them, these little flat babies are perfect for both without messing up the shape of the hat which is brilliant!
4. You can also a little fun to any outfit without breaking the bank. Whether it is playing with colour or textures it is a nice way to add a little something to any outfit.
5. Finally, the most important reason, it keeps the cold away!
I have done an edit my favourite berets out there, from simple ones, to patterned ones, to some more fashion-forward ones. There is a beret out there for everyone.
Here is some beret good inspiration:
Photos by Michela Efford